With Halloween so close, if you haven't conjured up your perfect Halloween look yet, it's time to get your bones moving. Being the fashion obsessed gals that we are at RissyRoos.com, we're not about to settle for any store-bought Halloween costume. As we're sure all of our Roo Girls know, we're big proponents of accessorizing little black dresses to create a totally chic Halloween look. From a sexy vampire, to a fierce black cat, to a sassy witch, there are so many options to choose from when it comes to a LBD, or any black dress for that matter.
That's exactly why we're excited about Lauren Conrad's DIY Halloween costume this year! On Thursday, October 19th, she revealed her 2017 Halloween Costume. Guess what was at the forefront of it: a black dress! This year, she's dressing up as Cruella de Vil, which couldn't be a more sassy and evil, but super chic look for Halloween.
The costume is easy to put together. Here's everything you'll need:
- Faux Fur Coat / Lauren mentioned that Etsy is a great place to look for a vintage one. Just make sure it's a white-colored one for the correct Cruella de Vil vibe.
- Black Dress / If you look on Lauren's blog post for the costume reveal, you'll see she's wearing a black slip dress; this is a great option to get that perfect Cruella de Vil look, but any black dress will do. So, choose something you can wear again and again, like a little black dress, or perhaps go with a full-length black gown. Make it your style! After all, Cruella was a fashion queen.
- Red Pumps / Add a little sparkle with Bev by Touch Ups Red Heels.
- Red Opera Length Gloves
- Black and White Spray-in Hair Color
- Red Lipstick
- Handbag / You can try to find a faux fur one to match your coat like Cruella de Vil wore. You can also simply go with a black handbag, which works as a perfect compliment to the white faux fur coat.
To get an on-budget black dress reminiscent of Cruella this Halloween season, we love Blush C141. The all-over sequins gives this dress as much style and sass as Cruella. Currently on sale for $179.99, it's a steal. It's also a classic style that you can wear to any semi-formal or formal event!
While we love the look, the best part of Lauren's Halloween post may be the end, though. She mentioned that part of the reason she chose this costume is to dress up her new baby, Liam, as an adorable Dalmatian!
Looking for more last minute DIY Halloween costume ideas? If you follow Lauren, you know her yearly Halloween reveal is a tradition. Check out her ideas from the previous two years below. We love them just as much because both ideas revolve around party dresses!
We hope your Halloween is full of lots of hocus pocus and creepy-cute costumes!