A new season means new lipstick colors! This fall, the lipstick shade we are obsessing over is plum. According to Cosmopolitan, plum lipstick is the number one sexiest piece of fall make-up.
"Spiked with a dash of burgundy and a hit of black, plum lipstick becomes, 'sophisticated in a twisted kind of way,'" says makeup artist Tom Pecheux.
We couldn't agree more with Tom! We are definitely taking advantage of the fall weather and squeezing in all the different shades of plum lipstick that we can get our hands on! But, with winter right around the corner, don't worry because this is a shade that can be worn right through the cold weather, too.
The only thing we can't help but hate is when our lipstick wares off! Having to re-apply lipstick many times throughout the day is exhausting and wastes the product; which is why we want to share 5 tips to make your lipstick last, an article based off of Seventeen Magazine. With winter officially just around the corner and chapped lips on their way, these tips couldn't be more important.
1. Exfoliate. Scrub your lips with the rest of your face while you're in the shower in the morning. A gentle exfoliator will smooth over the flakes that come with winter's chapped lips.
2. Moisturize. With the temperatures dropping faster than you can say "pumpkin spice latté," moisturizing everything, including your lips is key. Stock up on a long-lasting chapstick to keep your pucker from getting chapped and use it before applying lipstick to help it go on smoothly.
3. Prime & Line. Use an easy-to-apply lip primer to set the stage for the bold color. Once it's absorbed, outline you lips in a liner that's the same shade of your natural lip color.
4. Add Your Color. Apply the lipstick of choice in two swipes. Blot a couple times on a tissue and repeat with another swipe of lipstick, followed by another blot. Do this until you score your desired color strength.
5. Set with Powder. You heard us, powder—on your lips. A light, translucent powder will help keep the color in place even after you enjoy a huge mug of hot chocolate!
Once you follow these short steps, you will be ready to rock your plum lipstick (or any other color lipstick) all day long!