Do you need to squeeze into a certain dress size in a short amount of time? Losing weight can be a big challenge if you don’t start by making a plan. Jumping right into a restrictive diet and intense exercise workout won’t work to change your size immediately. The best way to drop some pounds is to commit to making small changes in your life daily.
Last month iVillage compiled 30 ways to drop a dress size in 30 days, including tips on what to eat, how to exercise, and what you’ll need to do to stay on track. By following at least 10 of their recommendations you can lose about 10 pounds in a month, without hurting yourself! Here are some of the key points you should pay attention to if you want to drop a dress size this month:
- Eat probiotic rich foods like Greek Yogurt, filled with live cultures, a healthy bacterium that helps burn calories.
- Get 7-9 hours of sleep each night. Good quality sleep will leave your body well rested, increasing your metabolism for the coming day.
- Instead of grabbing a glass of OJ, eat a full orange instead. By eating fruit instead of fruit juice you avoid consuming unnecessary added sugars.
- Pack your lunch each day to avoid splurging on unhealthy foods that are easy to eat quickly during the workday. Try bringing a sandwich and some healthy snacks like an apple or carrot sticks.
- Drink 8-10 cups of water throughout each day to clean out your system and maintain good metabolism.
- Get active by scheduling and maintaining at least 30 minutes of exercise each day. Take a bike ride of go for a jog, just keep it consistent and you’ll feel the results.
- Add spicy foods to your diet – some research shows spices like peppers help your body to fight fat.
- Don’t freak out if you cheat a little! Indulging accidentally doesn’t mean you’ve failed your mission, just make sure you get back on track after.
- Start some meals with a broth based soup instead of a hearty appetizer. Soup will fill you up faster so you won’t over eat during a meal.
- Add protein to every meal. Eggs, nuts, seeds, legumes, fish or other lean meats will give you more energy and curb hunger between mealtimes.
For more tips, read the full article 30 days, 30 ways to drop a dress size, featured in News over at Comcast.