The process of finding that perfect prom dress, shoes, accessories, and everything else that goes into a prom night to remember is one that takes time and lots of research. It's important to start the process as early as possible in order to ensure you can take your time and not settle for anything you don't want.
Part of the process to be prom ready that isn't always discussed with enough time to make an impact is working out! Toning up your body just the slightest bit can make all of the difference in the world for not only how you look, but how you feel in your dress. Knowing you put the time and effort in to look your best, from choosing a dress that fits your body perfectly, to your hair and make-up, to putting the time in to follow a routine workout, will have you feeling as confident as ever on the dance floor.
That's why we were happy to see that certified fitness instructor of YouTube fame Cassey Ho recently posted a workout specifically for looking perfect in your prom dress to her YouTube channel Blogilates! She calls it her official prom dress workout, and it takes you through a handful of workouts that you can do in your own home - no gym needed, and completely equipment free. All you need is your own body and the will and focus to stay on-point from now through your prom date (and hopefully keeping at it well after prom!). Continue reading →
We're sure you've heard all about P90X at this point - from friends, family, and if you're a late nighter, the constant advertisements! Tony Horton, the spokesperson for the home fitness program, states that all you need is 90 days to get "huge results" with P90X. Sound a little too good to be true? Maybe! But, with Prom right around the corner, this may just be the exercise routine to make sure you look perfect in your dress on prom night!
Some of the Roo Girls here have tried P90X out, but have only given the program a couple of sessions so far. The girls have said it's definitely very hard and seems promising, but is it worth the dedication with so little time left until you're putting on your prom dress? We've been perusing the Internet to get the answer, and have especially liked Shape Magazine's reasons to keep with the program.
Our favorite reasons from Shape that made the Roo Girls decide to keep at it are:
1. Well-rounded workouts: P90X works your body from every angle, since it draws from weight lifting, interval training, martial arts, and even yoga. It's a great way to increase your power, strength, balance, and athletic ability, and will not only get you looking fit for prom, but in tip-top shape for whatever sport you may play!
2. Less risk of injury: Shape Magazine mentions: "Injuries often happen when you repeat the same motion over and over again, as in running. P90X has you changing your routine so often that it reduces your risk of repetitive use injuries." Sounds like a good way to not risk going to prom in a cast to us!
3. No boredom: One of our biggest hurdles with working out is the repetitiveness of going to the gym every day and hopping on either the treadmill or the bike. P90X is all about variety - one day you're doing interval training, and the next you're boxing.
4. Mental Toughness: It's always difficult to force yourself to do things that you've never done before. But, prom represents the end of a phase for many people - Seniors will be moving onto college, and Juniors will soon become Seniors and getting ready for the next big phase in their lives. So, what better way to start preparing your mind and body for new hurdles?
5. Entertainment: Tony is a very amusing trainer, always cracking jokes and coming up with silly moves for fitness purposes. It's a great way to keep your mind off the pain!
You may not have a chance to finish the full 90 days before your prom, but this definitely seems like a program that you'll see positive results from even after 30 days. And, with Summer only months away, it will surely have you in perfectly fit to be heading to the beach in June!
If you haven't seen enough of the ads yet, below is a great introductory video to P90X:
To get Shape Magazine's full list of reasons why to try P90X, check out their article "10 Reasons You Should Try P90X."
Pinterest has become one of the hottest online destinations for fashionistas, DIY crafters, and future brides. If you’re new to Pinterest, let me give you the run down. After requesting an invite you will be able to create your pin boards, dedicated to anything you’d like. On Rissy Roo’s we have boards dedicated to Little Black Dresses, Fun Accessories, Prom Hairstyles and more. Then you have the freedom to add any pins to your boards, which you can easily do while browsing through the site’s categories. Pins are images from websites that are creative, trendy, or lead to exciting advice. With thousands of pins to surf through, from household tips to creative hair-dos, it’s no wonder this new social platform is so addictive!
Health & Fitness has become one of the fastest growing sections of Pinterest, with users sharing their favorite tips on how to get in shape, stay slim, and maintain a healthy diet. Our pinboard “101 Ways to Fit In That Dress,” features the best tips on fitness, compiled for those of you looking to drop a dress size. There is advice on what to eat, how to fit a quick workout into your busy schedule, and even tips on how to stay on track with your weight loss.
After months of repining our most loved posts, we recommend you check out some of these fitness pins. Whether you’re new to Pinterest, or a seasoned veteran, here are some pins you have got to add to your fitness board:
1. Eat Your Heart Out – This pin details a specific week long diet that will help you lose weight fast. By focusing on specific foods each day, you’ll be able to flush out your system and drop some pounds fast.
2. Six-Pack Attack – Fitness Company Crunch created this pin, detailing the right exercises to do if you want a killer six-pack. It not only lists what exercises are perfect for an abs workout, but explains in detail exactly how to do them.