This year's presidential election couldn't have been more exciting! With President Obama now back in office for a second term, we wanted to dedicate this Fitness Friday to his number one gal - Michelle Obama, of course!
Not only is the first lady an intelligent and admirable person, but she has awesome arms and amazing shoulders. They always manage to steal the show wherever they go!
First Lady Michelle Obama
Most of you probably skip the arm workouts. Listen ladies, men aren't the only ones who need to work out their arms, especially if you really want to rock your favorite sleeveless dress!
Believe it or not, you can actually get those chiseled Michelle Obama arms without even hitting the gym! Women's Health Magazine put together a simple arm workout that you can break out wherever you are - all you need is a set of 5-8 pound dumbbells! Check out the tips below so you can show off those sexy triceps and biceps and look fab at your next formal event! Just make sure to do the workout four to six times a week to get those arms in proper shape.
STANDING V RAISE:
1. Hold a dumbbell in each hand and stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, arms at your sides, and palms in.
2. With arms straight but not locked, raise the weights diagonally in front of you, so that your arms form a V shape, until your arms are parallel to the floor
3. Hold for one second, then go back to where you started. Do 12 to 15 reps.
1. Holding a pair of dumbbells just above your shoulders, palms facing each other, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent
2. Press the weights until your arms are straight overhead
3. Hold for one second, then take three seconds to lower the dumbbells back to your shoulders. Do six to eight reps.
ROTATING TRICEPS KICKBACK:
1. Stand with your knees bent and lean forward slightly, with a dumbbell in each hand. Bend your right elbow to bring the dumbbell to your side, making your upper arm parallel with the floor
2. Press the dumbbell back, and as you straighten your arm, rotate it so that your palm faces the ceiling
3. Rotate it back so that your palm faces in, and return your arm to the bent position. Do 12 to 15 reps with each arm.
Source: Women's Health Magazine