The BIG ONE SIX is that time in a girl's life when she gets to shine and be the center of the universe for that one special day! It's an exciting day for her to get creative and showcase her personality through her party theme. It's all about the decor, the dress, and the party atmosphere. People have gotten really imaginative with their themes over the years. We decided to pick out some of our favorite Sweet 16 party themes - we hope they give you some inspiration for your special bash!
I hope all your guests have a sweet tooth because this one puts the sweet in Sweet Sixteen! If you're looking for a really delicious way to celebrate your 16th birthday, then look no further. You can go from Willy Wonka to Candyland! These playful dresses will go great with this whimsical theme. The pastel colors resemble candy colors and the sparkle gives it a fun and girly look!
1. Alyce Paris 5432 - Turquoise Strapless Hi-Lo Dress with encrusted geometric prisms and a sweetheart neckline. It also features a lace up back.
2. Claudine for Alyce 2201 - A Beaded Cotton Candy Pink V-Neck dress with side cut outs and sheer three-quarter length sleeves.
1. Sizzle by Coloriffics Camilla 6300 - Sexy glitter platform sandal with ankle strap detail and criss-cross straps at toe.
Mardi Gras Madness Theme:
Mardi Gras is an extravagant celebration of crazy costumes, wild makeup, and colorful masks! Whether or not your birthday falls near the actual New Orleans's Mardi Gras, it is the perfect Sweet 16 theme for anyone who wants a magnificent carnival style to celebrate their special day. The gown we picked in our Polyvore set is so Mardi Gras appropriate; the multicolored jewels around the bodice has the right festive colors and the feathery skirt pairs up perfectly with the most important accessory...the mask of course!
1. Alyce 6095 - A strapless black tulle and feather mermaid gown with a sweetheart neckline and a multicolored jeweled corset bodice.
1. Alisha Hill Shoes Selena S1143 - Platform heels in black with multicolored stones and a 5 inch heel. Perfectly matches with the dress!
2. Helen's Heart Style JE-CV004 S - These super cool Volcano Crystal earrings are ideal for this outfit!
Lights! Camera! Action! Roll out the red carpet and pose for the paparazzi! This one is probably the most glamorous one of them all. Guests will feel like they are going to a movie premiere and you of course will be the star. The amazing gowns below are so Oscar worthy! The intricate beading and silhouette exudes elegance. Angelina Jolie will have nothing on you!
1. Claudine for Alyce 2213 - A beautifully beaded blue radiance strapless mermaid gown with a tulle skirt.
2. Claudine For Alyce 2124 - A long beaded mermaid gown in lilac with spaghetti straps, sparkling jeweled sequins around the sheer bodice, and a tulle skirt.
3. Alyce Paris 6083 - A gorgeous beaded aqua one shoulder jersey gown with front side slit and side cut outs.
1. Touch Ups Tahiti 943 - Formal silver 3 3/4 inch heels with beading around the straps
2. Helen's Heart Style JE-BT002 - AB Sparkling Prom Earrings (top)
3. Helen's Heart Style JB-168354 - Silver base AB stone bracelet
4. Crystal Pear J5613E1S - Drop Earrings (bottom)
New York City Theme:
Start spreading the news...you're leaving today...you want a great big part of it...New York, New York! Bring the glamour and excitement of NYC to your party. Your guests will get to experience celebrating in the middle of Time Square without going over the Washington Bridge. This is one super chic party theme!
1. Alyce Paris 5529 - A black strapless ball gown with a full tulle and lace skirt and beaded corset top.
2. Alyce Paris 5533 -A strapless light blue tulle gown with a full skirt and beaded trim on the sweetheart neckline and bodice.
1. Night Moves by Allure Shoes - Satin platform with 3 1/2" heel, accented with a satin ruffle in the center (On sale for $40.00)
2. Touch Ups Prom Shoes Style Patsy - 4 inch jeweled halter sandal with an adjustable ankle strap and studded platform
Which one is your favorite theme? Which will you pick for your special day? Tell us by leaving a comment below!